When you think of home thefts, it’s natural to think of burglars carefully targeting your home to strip it of all your valuables. However, it’s important to remember that thieves often take an opportunity when they see one, whether it’s an unlocked back door or a vacant home. While your home insurance in San Antonio, TX will help you recover after a burglary, but the best course of action is to prevent your items from being taken.
These items are commonly stolen by burglars – so take extra care to protect your belongings.
- Mobile phones
- Power tools
- Golfing equipment
- Gardening tools
- Audio equipment
Tips to keep your possessions safe:
- Ensure all tablets, laptops and smartphones have a password or passcode.
- Take pictures of your bike and make a note of any numbers that it may have.
- Don’t leave your gadgets lying around on tables or sideboards, especially if you have overlooking windows.
- Lock away power tools, equipment and bikes in a garage or shed.
- Consider security features like a burglar alarm or security light for extra protection.
Fortunately, your home insurance can help should you be the victim of theft. Contact Jerry R. Carnahan Insurance to get started on your tailored policy today!